Our Standard Decorative Chip Blends
Named for counties in Maryland, Pennsylvania & Virginia
Our Hybrid Chip Blends
Creates a random, more scattered look. Best dirt hiders of any decorative chip blends.
- Chester Hybrid
- Dauphin Hybrid
- Delaware Hybrid
Our Additional Decorative Chip Blends
These are additional blends we commonly install.
Decorative Chip Floor Coatings
Get the look of Terrazzo without breaking the bank!
- Available in a variety of sizes: 1/2″, 1/4″, 1/8″, 1/16″ & our own Hybrid blends
- Color pallets include 150 solid color and brindled chips
- Helps hide dirt, debris, scuffs and drips
- Provides additional slip resistance
- Most popular and common system for resinous floor coating systems
Frequently Asked Questions
Any of our decorative chip floor coating systems will feature a clear, protective layer. That layer may be UV resistant epoxy or, more often, a UV stable polyaspartic, polyurethane or polyurea.
Our staff will assist you with proper system selection based upon where the system will be installed, how the system will be used and the conditions to what the system will be subjected.
Decorative chip floor coating systems are normally done in either a single or dual broadcast. In a single broadcast system, the decorative chips are bonded on top of a colored epoxy or colored polyaspartic. Once the excess chips are removed, a clear, protective top coating is applied. This type of system is typical of residential garages, basements or low traffic commercial usage.
In a dual broadcast system, an additional intermediate layer is applied using a clear epoxy or clear polyaspartic to bind the 2nd layer of chips. This type of floor coating system is more common in commercial or exterior applications.
Yes, the term chip and flake (and even fleck) are commonly interchanged. Decorative chip or flake is most commonly used in a blend of 3 or more distinct colors. It’s very rare for only a single or dual color to be used in a decorative chip floor coating system.
A decorative chip floor coating system provides the following advantages over a solid color, metallic epoxy or colored quartz floor coating system:
- Hides dirt better due to size of chip vs. the debris laying on the surface
- Hides scuffs better due to how the blend’s colors break up the look of the surface
- Hides changes in the concrete floor’s profile better (does not accentuate the slope, waviness or dips)
- Provides the greatest number of design possibilities
- Blends in with or compliments the interior and exterior colors of most homes
Don’t see what you are looking for?
- Check out ColorFlakes.com for more decorative chip/flake blends.
- We can assist you with creating a custom blend.
- Flourescent (Black Light Sensitive) and Phosphorescent (Glow-in-the-Dark) colors are also available.