Mission / Belief Statement
The mission of Middletown High School, a diverse and rapidly growing comprehensive learning community, is to challenge students to strive for personal excellence and to achieve distinction through:
- Fostering an environment that offers opportunities that prepare students to be global citizens (Character).
- Cultivating pride by supporting positive behavior (Attitude).
- Enabling all students to discover and achieve post secondary endeavors (Vision).
- Implementing a diverse, rigorous curriculum (Success).
We at Middletown High School, a strong community-driven school, believe that:
- Our primary obligation is to encourage academic excellence.
- Education is the shared responsibility of the entire community.
- It is critical to ensure that all students are safe and welcome at MHS.
- Our diverse backgrounds enhance the educational experience.
- It is essential that we welcome and address a diverse community of student learners
- All students are responsible, productive, members of the community and society at large
- All students have the potential to succeed.
- It is essential to provide opportunities for students to become well-rounded members of society.
- Lifelong learning is essential for success in a changing society
- A vibrant and active high school is a focal point of the whole community